Learn how to make eggless golden yellow cake.
On a day when you need to bake something quickly, eggless golden brown cake (pound cake) is the answer. Anushruti brings you this fuss free recipe made with few ingredients and equipment. Check out this basic cake recipe which can be eaten alone or iced with chocolate buttercream or vanilla buttercream
250 ml (1 cup) milk
170 gm (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
210 gm (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
65 gm (1/2 cup) vanilla custard powder (or cornflour/cornstarch)*
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 gm (1/2 cup) butter
– Prepare a 7” round cake tin by greasing it well with oil or butter and lightly dusting it with plain flour. Tap to remove excess flour from the surface of the pan. Alternatively, grease the pan and line the base with greaseproof paper.
– In a saucepan, heat the milk. Stir in the sugar and after it melts completely set it aside to cool to room temperature. After the milk reaches room temperature, add the custard powder and vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk. Add in the butter and mix again.
– Heat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade/325 F.
– In a large mixing bowl, assemble the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix with a whisk. Pour in the prepared milk mixture and mix well with a whisk until there are no lumps. Alternatively use an electric hand mixer/beater.
– Put the batter into the prepared pan/tin and bake for 55 minutes to 60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
*If using cornstarch instead of custard powder add a pinch of yellow colour and additional vanilla extract.
Host:Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Narayan Thakur
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Get this recipe on Anushruti’s website – http://goo.gl/1emfjJ
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood